Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Cliff

Rest.


But
I hear thunder.


Peace.


But
I see lightning.



Your hand, offered


But
I anticipate
The fall alone
And cling to the rock,
Peer at the chasm.


Far
Far


Pebbles scratch desperation
Clatter on ahead


Gale magnifies.
Hair pulled to waved strands
Snap anxiety’s hold.


My sole slips,
Bound yet blind.


Reach fingers.
Tips touch.
Frantic grasp and


Hold.


Your perceptions.
My perceptions. All


Flawed.


None
Can
See
Mirrored,
miraged reality.
Repetition,
the lone solidity.
Irrelevant, our solidarity.


Embrace
The perfect, melded end.


Willful disregard for storm and rock.
Flight’s petulant insistence and
Leap.
Hand in
Hand


On high,
Light bliss.


Momentum turns
And motion fails
And hearts stop cold
And voices wail.


Terminal velocity seized
before


Impact.


Mangle imperity.
Shatter bone’s integrity.
Lacerate sincerity.

Perfect lie.